Financial Secretary to the Treasury, David Gauke MP needs to take note - it took me 35 minutes (on an 0300 line) to get through to the tax office with a simple enquiry.
Presumably they work on the basis that most people will give up.
Most companies I have worked for (marketing agencies and on the client side) have a policy of answering the 'phone within two rings.
What is the percentage of self-assessment tax payers who experience such bad service and say to themselves "If they can't be bothered to answer the 'phone I can't be bothered to declare all my income" ?
With a system that depends upon honesty and co-operation it is not wise to aggravate people.
Presumably they work on the basis that most people will give up.
Most companies I have worked for (marketing agencies and on the client side) have a policy of answering the 'phone within two rings.
What is the percentage of self-assessment tax payers who experience such bad service and say to themselves "If they can't be bothered to answer the 'phone I can't be bothered to declare all my income" ?
With a system that depends upon honesty and co-operation it is not wise to aggravate people.
No comments:
Post a Comment