Monday
Work on the presentation I am to give tomorrow. In the past I would have been quite limited on what I could say. But with the present lack of leadership at the Institute I am able to entirely suit myself.
Tuesday
I hate rushing to get a train.
For the first part of the journey I looked out of the window. Lots of pheasants in the fields. Through many little village stations without stopping.
Eventually, after changing trains twice, I arrived in Birmingham. I thought how shabby the centre of the city looked as I walked to the Institute's Birmingham office - asian legal aid, cheap takeaways, homeless people in various doorways including in what looked like a drinking club. Cold day so that I was glad to get indoors.
Through security, along corridors, up flights of stairs.
Welcomed by Ashish Sharma, who as usual seemed very pleased with himself.
A buffet lunch, substantial but not good quality. Then I delivered my presentation, talking for an hour and a half, eleven people ranged in a half circle. It was well received with many questions.
Back to New Street Station. The train was late. I felt cold standing on the platform among hundreds of commuters.
Wednesday
Most of the day I spent drafting an article. It will need to be revised, but the basics are there. Often I looked out of the window at the huge clouds moving quickly across the sky.
Thursday
A day spent at home working on the confidential project.
Friday
I finished the article I had drafted on Wednesday and sent it off.
The storm in the afternoon and evening was alarming - the noise of the wind was tremendous, even inside the office.
Work on the presentation I am to give tomorrow. In the past I would have been quite limited on what I could say. But with the present lack of leadership at the Institute I am able to entirely suit myself.
Tuesday
I hate rushing to get a train.
For the first part of the journey I looked out of the window. Lots of pheasants in the fields. Through many little village stations without stopping.
Eventually, after changing trains twice, I arrived in Birmingham. I thought how shabby the centre of the city looked as I walked to the Institute's Birmingham office - asian legal aid, cheap takeaways, homeless people in various doorways including in what looked like a drinking club. Cold day so that I was glad to get indoors.
Through security, along corridors, up flights of stairs.
Welcomed by Ashish Sharma, who as usual seemed very pleased with himself.
A buffet lunch, substantial but not good quality. Then I delivered my presentation, talking for an hour and a half, eleven people ranged in a half circle. It was well received with many questions.
Back to New Street Station. The train was late. I felt cold standing on the platform among hundreds of commuters.
Wednesday
Most of the day I spent drafting an article. It will need to be revised, but the basics are there. Often I looked out of the window at the huge clouds moving quickly across the sky.
Thursday
A day spent at home working on the confidential project.
Friday
I finished the article I had drafted on Wednesday and sent it off.
The storm in the afternoon and evening was alarming - the noise of the wind was tremendous, even inside the office.
No comments:
Post a Comment