I left my job a couple of weeks ago, and I am about to start a new job.
I got this new position following a telephone call from Terry (MD at the job before last). He told me a friend of his was looking for someone to do "communications". Anyway I went to see this friend at her offices (not in London) and she explained that she was adviser to an NGO that needed someone to supplement their existing communications function.
Two interviews followed, both on the same day (an hour apart) and then I was told I had got the job.
So I am to start on Monday on a fixed-term contract (to get round the fact that the NGO has a recruitment freeze). Initally for six months, with the possibility of extending the period to an additional six months (but no longer). The money is quite good.
I am not sure if I will write about my new job, but on balance I think I probably will.
I think blogging about jobs is good all round. Too many employers think they are omnipotent. In any case, I try to disguise identifying features.
And if I am found out and never work in this town again?
For me that would not be the end of the world.
Saturday, November 06, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment