Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Nepotism in the British media

There seems to be no end of nepotism in the British media – people who are only where they are because of their relations.

It’s not as if they are any good at what they are doing.

James Murdoch has none of the immoral Machiavellian guile of Rupert Murdoch (for which I suppose we should be thankful).

Sam Leith never seems to have written an interesting sentence in all the many publications he has been employed at.

But the one who most provokes me is “historian” Dan Snow, a slapdash clod with the dreariest voice in broadcast media. With a seemingly endless supply of cagoules and anoraks he strides around a variety of wet landscapes making contrarian historical statements that have no supporting evidence. How much longer is this fraud “historian” to be tolerated?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Shallow, I know but he's wearing the same cagoule all the time - the blue and black one. From what I've seen Snow wearing on tv I've come to the conclusion that he has a wardrobe of about 30 items total.

a from l said...

Or possibly he buys ten or twenty of each item at a time?