I have just tried to book an appointment to see a doctor about my chest infection. The person who answered the 'phone told me very cheerily, as if she was enjoying being unhelpful, that my doctor was on holiday for two weeks, and the other doctor I sometimes see is also on holiday. Eventually I managed to book an appointment with a doctor I have never seen before, for next Thursday.
Why are doctors going on holiday in the middle of a 'flu pandemic?
These people are paid (so we are told) an average salary of a quarter of a million pounds per annum. For that sort of money one would expect a bit more in the way of commitment. And how much holiday leave do NHS staff get anyway - they always seem to be on holiday?
The answer is not one fat cat doctor on £250k pa but five doctors on £50k pa so they can cover each other's holiday leave.
And if they are not happy with that arrangement and want to go and work for more money abroad let them go - but make them pay back the cost of their medical training before they leave.
2 comments:
There are not doctors filling the agendas of the doctors on holiday? Wow
Get better of your chest infection!
Thank you Laia.
Post a Comment