Antiquarian bookshop in Great Russell Street – there has been a bookshop in this builidng for over a hundred years. Formerly the home of book illustrator Randolph Caldecott. Good for rare editions of Dickens.
Speaking of old books, ever see Kenelm Henry Digby's The Broad Stone of Honour, The True Sense and Practice of Chivalry, 1876, 5 volumes? I obtained a copy from England. Unobtainable in the States. Sort of an unreadable old classic, that was famous in its time but a mere footnote to literature today.
Andrew Amesbury. In this blog some names have been changed, some places have been disguised and some characters have been obscured. But the essential truth remains. You can e-mail me on andrewamesbury@live.co.uk
2 comments:
Speaking of old books, ever see Kenelm Henry Digby's The Broad Stone of Honour, The True Sense and Practice of Chivalry, 1876, 5 volumes? I obtained a copy from England. Unobtainable in the States. Sort of an unreadable old classic, that was famous in its time but a mere footnote to literature today.
Not familiar with the book Sherab - I'll look it up on Google when I get a moment.
Post a Comment