Wednesday, September 20, 2006

They have met a bewildering number of people



A photograph sent by one of the team who has gone out to India (to liaise with the call centre staff). The city is one of great contrasts – the hotel where they are staying is comfortable and modern, but the view from the window (taken on a mobile phone) reveals a world that is hard and unrelenting. Although the hotel is only a hundred yards from the offices our personnel are conveyed there in taxis. They have to work UK hours, which adds to the disorientation caused by jet-lag. They have met a bewildering number of people in the couple of days they have been there. Next week they have a programme of team games and fancy dress parties.

3 comments:

M said...

I am sure there is a hard & unrelenting side to any city in any part of the world. But I have always found it amusing that when people travel to India they always seem to want to focus on that bleak side rather than the progress that India has made in the last 50 years.

a from l said...

The photo was not meant to be selective Manjusha - it was the only one I had.

I will post others if I get them and perhaps they will give a more balanced view.

There is a history attached to the photo. The staff in India have been divided into two groups - senior managers have gone to a luxurious hotel, the ordinary staff have been booked into a lesser hotel. I think the photo is meant to say (internally) "Look where we've ended up."

Regards,
Andrew

M said...

LOL! :)