Thursday, May 14, 2015

The current shenanigans over the UKIP leadership and the public comments by Patrick O'Flynn

As a Conservative who lent my vote to UKIP at the election last week I am not impressed by the current shenanigans over the UKIP leadership and the public comments by Patrick O'Flynn.

Let me tell Mr O'Flynn that the reason I voted UKIP was because of the pressure Nigel Farage was applying on the subject of immigration.  The last thing I want to see is a "softer approach".  If I want a weaker, softer approach to immigration I may as well stay voting Conservative.

Of course, it is very clear what has happened.  Nigel Farage announced he would step down if he did not win South Thanet.  A number of egotistical "me me me" UKIP second division managers began to fancy their chances of becoming leader and started organising their leadership campaigns.  Then Nigel Farage did not stand down (via a convoluted process) and the wannabe leaders felt deflated, insulted, and wanting to lash out at someone (for O'Flynn this was Nigel Farage vis The Times this morning).

Patrick O'Flynn and the rest of the UKIP second division get over yourselves.

This happens all the time in big parties - remember Portillo and his farcical covert campaign headquarters and the banks of telephone lines ready to challenge John Major.

It's all been done before.

Indeed, as Avril Lavigne would say:  Chill out, what you yellin' for?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/14/nigel-farage-facing-a-coup-over-ukip-leadership

No comments: