Friday, January 10, 2014

I feel safer

On the whole I am glad that criminals indulging in gun crime are being shot out of hand.

It would be nice to painstakingly collect evidence, marshall it into an irrefutable case, arrest the people involved, araign them before the courts, prove their guilt with devastating logic, and consign the guilty persons to very long periods in prison.

Unfortunately this process is not working (certainly not working well enough).

Therefore given the choice between anarchy and authority I am endorsing authority.

I am glad the police are shooting gun-toting criminals, and I feel safer as a result.

I don't care if this is an official policy being administered covertly, or whether it is individuals using their initiative.

I am glad it is happening and I feel safer as a result.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/10/mark-duggan-verdict-police-met?CMP=twt_gu

No comments: