These two graves in Ellington All Saints in Huntingdonshire belong to two sisters who in 1599 set up a small charity for the relief of the poor of the village.
The charity, known as the Town Lands Dole is still going today, and is a remarkable example of how institutions can project their work down through the centuries. The income is provided from land (about sixty three acres) which is let out as allotments. There are eight trustees, which include the vicar and churchwardens.
The two table-top tombs are listed. Although they date from Jacobean period the stonework is reused and is 14th century (from the quatrefoil design). Recently restored.