Sunday, October 13, 2013

Complete withdrawal













Since about midday Friday I have been ill with 'flu.  A fairly mild 'flu but I have had a continuous headache, ache all over and all I want to do is sleep.  In the hours I have been awake I read After the Coalition by a group of Conservative MPs. 

The book was published in 2011, so is not absolutely up to date.  And my illness gave a bilious sheen to the pages.  But there were many interesting ideas.

As a nation, Britain has always been suspicious of the EU project.  The vision of a United States of Europe does not appeal.  We did well to stay out of the euro, and to secure a rebate.  Nevertheless, as a country we are not yet ready for complete withdrawal...

Which implies that the authors can envisage a time when we will be ready for complete withdrawal.

Possibly after the Euro elections next year.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/After-Coalition-Kwasi-Kwarteng/dp/1849541582

No comments: